Sunday, April 12, 2009

Bluebonnets

It's that time of year again! The bluebonnets are out! Dress your kids in their Sunday best, load them in the car, and let the picture taking begin. Or in my case, load up the dog =) It's a Texas tradition! Callie enjoys frolicking through the bluebonnets, so most of the pictures I took are action shots. I guess we were a sight to see, because a mini van drove up and sat there for awhile. I thought to myself, people please don't get out of the car with your kids! I didn't want anything to distract Callie, and kids definitely would have done the trick. After a few minutes they drove away, I guess they just wanted to get a better look at Callie =) We took a few more pictures and headed back to the car, where I then discovered I lost my lens cap in the bluebonnets. Goodness! So back out into the field we went. Luckily I didn't have to search too long because it was laying in an open area where I could see it. Thank God! So, I got my bluebonnet pictures and my lens cap, all is right in the world again =)

6 comments:

Matt said...

I love those pictures! Something about the color of your dachshund really works with the flowers.

Matt
doxienews.com

chloejessica said...

Cute! I wish I had fields of bluebonnets near me! The last pic is my fav! :)

Unknown said...

oh geez yowell, bluebonnets!?!?!? i saw some family on a hill by the airport with their kids in a patch of them. . .made me think of you and laugh a little to my self! very nice pictures though yowell!

Charlotte said...

Oh, what beautiful pictures!!! We wish we had a field of flowers to romp through!!
Maybe in a few weeks - we do have the odd crocus poking through - so that is promising!

kalyxcorn said...

absolutely wonderful!!!! hugs, Baxter

~Dianne and the Trust Fund Weenz said...

Nice to see another weenie getting pictures in the Texas bluebonnets! Thi8s spring we will be taking repeat pics of our Susie Pearl and her 4 month old sister Stormy Sue. Should be fun!
Dianne and Susie Pearl and Stormy Sue